Saturday, December 20, 2014

Hand Soap

This one is so easy!


You need 1 bar of Pure Castile Soap. I got Dr. Bronner's Lavender soap at Target for $4.69.

Use 11.5 cups of water (92 oz) and put it into a large pot. Get the water warm on the stove. DO NOT BOIL. Grate the entire bar of soap. Once the water is steaming add the soap to the water. Stir well until the soap dissolves completely. It only took about a minute. Turn the burner off and let the mixture sit for 12 hours. After 12 hours have passed get a mixer and mix the soap completely. If it is too thick, add more water and mix. If it's too runny, heat the mixture back up and add more grated soap. Put into whatever container you want to store it in!

The recipe I found called for 1 gallon of water but I was afraid it would be too runny. Also, I just poured the mixer into my Kitchenaid Mixer and let it go for a few minutes. I put most of it in a 1 gallon milk jug and filled a large mason jar. It's kind of thick but I like it! Also, because it is all natural it doesn't bubble up like other soaps with chemicals. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment