Monday, December 8, 2014

Baked Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal



I made this dish thinking it would be a good breakfast on a cold rainy morning. It isn't bad... But it isn't very pumpkiny or sweet. I thought about adding more pumpkin and some sugar next time. To sweeten it I added some sugar and cinnamon on top. The next morning I crumbled it up in a bowl, added milk and heated it up for a minute. Pretty good! Lucy likes it in her yogurt.



Ingrediants:
3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
3 eggs
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Stir together all ingredients and pour into a well greased 8x10 baking dish. Bake 30-40 minutes or until knife comes out of center mostly clean.

You can freeze this dish and reheat in microwave with 1 teaspoon of water.

I'm not a great cook but I'm learning. Anyone have any ideas on how to make this dish a little tastier??

From barefeetinthekitchen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment