Friday, December 19, 2014

FAIL: Pumpkin Spice Graham Crackers

Lucy loves pumpkin and graham crackers. I thought this would become a favorite. I was so excited to try them! They are dairy free, gluten free, nut free, and egg free. I have experience with gluten free but I never really tried different gluten free flours. I sent Coy to the store and all he could find was corn flour. I told him to just get it. 

Mistake.

Now, I'm not very experienced in the kitchen... This is a learning process. Next time I make these I will use a different flour. So, yes, this was a fail but it was totally my fault.

Lucy likes them so she eats them as a snack. Here is the recipe...

Ingredients:

2 cups any gluten free flours. 
Some kind of starchy flour would be best.

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 tsp. sea salt

1 tsp. vanilla

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. nutmeg

1/8 tsp. cloves

2 tbsp. honey

2 tbsp. molasses 

6 tbsp. coconut oil or butter

1/3 cup puréed pumpkin


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cut 2 pieces of parchment paper the size of a cookie sheet.

In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.

Add honey, molasses, pumpkin and coconut oil. Stir until will combined.

Split dough in half and place one half between the two pieces of parchment paper.

Roll dough until it is about 1/4 inches. Remove top piece of parchment paper and cut into squares or shapes. Transfer dough from parchment paper to cookie sheet.

Bake about 20-25 minutes.

Turn off oven and let them sit in the oven another 10 minutes.
Let crackers cool and serve. You can also freeze these crackers in a freezer bag.


*I followed the baking directions and they burned... So, I baked them for 20 minutes and let sit about 5 minutes.

recipe from homemadedutchapplepie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment