Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Before I start...


 This quote has been about my family lately. It seems like things keep happening. It started with my Uncle Steve passing on May 6th, the day before Coy and I were to be married.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens. A time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

He was my dads big brother, his only brother. He was only 54 years old when he passed away in his sleep due to a heart attack. He is dearly missed. 
 
Last night I got a phone call from my mom at 2 A.M. First thought in my head was, "Oh no, where is my dad?!" She was calm and didn't have that crying voice so I instantly calmed down. She told me that my Uncle Alan had had a heart attack and was in the hospital. She assured me that there was nothing that I could do but pray and we would know more in the morning. Coy and I laid in bed and prayed. 

I sent a text to my Aunt Lisa and all my cousins because I had to do something but I didn't know what... So, me being me, I laid in bed and worried. All I could think about was, "Two Uncles in less than 6 months have had heart attacks." I went to work thinking everything was fine and that he would be able to come home soon. My mom, sister, and sister's new man stopped by my work to get something good to drink and to tell me that he was about to go into surgery. I started balling. Mostly cause I had no idea. 

I know my Uncle is strong and I know so many people are praying for him and for all his family. I can't even imagine how my Aunt or my cousins are feeling. I love them dearly and all I can do is pray right now. He is currently in surgery and all I ask is for you to pray. Pray for wisdom for the doctors, for my uncle to be strong, for my aunt and cousins to be strong. God's hand is at work, not sure how, but I know it is. 

I dearly love my Uncle Alan and Aunt Lisa and all my cousins. We are very close and I want them to know how much I care for them. I love you all. Be strong, I'm praying and so are many other people. God is there and has his hand in Uncle Alan's heart. Always know that.

Uncle Alan, Aunt Lisa, me and Coy

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words Marcie! I am so glad and Thankful Alan is doing good! Wishing him a very speedy recovery. :)

    ReplyDelete